Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Featured Club Member

As a way for us to better get to know each other (and future new club members), I wanted to have posts "featuring" members. I thought it was only fair for me to go first, so here goes...

My name is Sarah Key Storrs--I am an Optometric Physician and a mom (not necessarily in that order). I am left-handed, a Virgo, and love Mexican food--fajitas especially.

I became a Lion first because of the example set by my dad, who is a member of the Terrace Heights Lions Club. Secondly, my profession revolves around the sense of sight, which is a main area of service for Lions Club. Finally, my son Evan is deaf, and he inspires me to become more involved with service projects relating to hearing.

Three things that the Lions club doesn't know about me:

1) I was very close to being held back in three grades (Kindergarden, 2nd, and 5th)--mostly because I didn't want to follow along and do things the way everyone else did them. I am still like that--I don't mind working hard, but I like to know the "why" behind it. "Just because" is not an inspiring reason!

2) I love scrapbooking and taking pictures of my son. I think I took more pictures during Evan's first year than I had taken the previous 30 years combined.

3) I am very passionate about the March of Dimes Mission--to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality through programs of research, community service, education and advocacy. This year is our family's third year of fundraising for the MOD March for Babies (if you would like to sponsor our family, go to www.marchforbabies.org/skeybunny)

No comments: